Gary Vaynerchuk’s keynote – “Relentless” given in Los Angeles 2017
Where’s It From?
This is an episode from “The GaryVee Audio Experience” podcast that can be downloaded and listened to on a variety of platforms listed on the previous podcast link. As with all audio podcasts, it’s a great way to learn as you can listen while travelling or doing other things which is difficult with video. In this case, a video is also available, embedded below.
What’s It About?
As always Gary’s presentation is direct, motivational and inspirational. (Note: Gary uses NSFW language!).
Gary talks to an audience of business owners and entrepreneurs, with many from the real estate industry. He encourages the audience to embrace the mobile phone and not to resist change and progress. He warns the audience that those who try to exist and do business with the “old ways” will be “eaten up by technology”.
Before a business can pitch to any prospects they have to have their attention, and the attention of our society is on their mobiles, therefore mobile websites and social media is where you have to be. Just 10 years ago none of this existed and if you are not keeping up you will get left behind. If you are resisting Facebook now how are you going to be able to accept and make the most of augmented reality and other innovations to come?Don’t wait to see the resisters around you go out of business. Gary says that he feels any business that is not willing to put in the work to embrace the new technology deserves to go out of business. We are at the beginning of this revolution and it’s essential to keep up. Producing media is not an option.
Don’t wait to see the resisters around you go out of business. Gary says that he feels any business that is not willing to put in the work to embrace the new technology deserves to go out of business. We are at the beginning of this revolution and it’s essential to keep up. Producing media is not an option and he urges businesses to think of themselves as media companies.
Gary talks for about 20 mins then has a Q&A session which he offers advice to specific audience members but all still very relevant to all business and the Internet.
My Key Takeaways
- Mobile/Cell phones are here to stay.
- Accept this and embrace it.
- Fully commit to mobile in your business
- Recognise the value of social media on mobile
- Attention is what we (businesses) need to succeed
- Society’s attention is on mobile devices, see 1 & 2
- Don’t waste time debating if you need a Facebook Page or Blog
- Waste time debating this and you’ll be overtaken by those who “get it”.
- Social Media gains attention which facilitates selling, fundraising or raising awareness for a cause.
- “You are a media company first and then whatever else you do for a living” GV
- The cost of producing media is now so low anyone can participate.
- Don’t be sentimental about holding on to something that worked in the past embrace the future.